On Aug 4, 2009, at 5:43 AM, James Lin wrote:

Hi all,

Does anyone know the limitation of the iPhone simulator when it comes to networking?
Is it crippled on the simulator?

I've tried two seperate ways of opening up a "server" socket.
1. is by opening up a CFSocket
2. is by a socket wrapper class called LXSocket class obtained from google codes.

but i've so far failed to obtain the "ip address" of the server socket.

the CFSocket method returned the ip address as "0.0.0.0"
the LXSocket class returned the ip address as a Null object.

I am wondering, if there is a limitation of some kind that's limiting the networking functionality on the simulator.

Does anyone know?

Safari works for me on the simulator, so it's got to have communications. Does the same code work if you load it on your phone?

-jcr