On Aug 5, 2009, at 5:44 AM, Mahaboob wrote:

I need to produce 15 random numbers between 1 to 16 without repeating any
number. I used the code like

   int i,j;
   for(i=0;i<15;i++){
       j =random() % 15 +1;
       NSLog(@"No: %d => %d \n",i,j);
       srandom(time(NULL)+i);
   }
But some numbers are repeating.
How can I do it without repeating the numbers?

Hmm. When using random number generators, you typically do not seed the generator repeatedly. You seed it once and then have it generate numbers repeatedly.

Next, "random() % 15 + 1" will give values from 1 to 15, not 1 to 16.

Lastly, random number sequences may repeat. That's an inherent property of randomness.

What you really want is known as a shuffle. You want the numbers from 1 to 15 (or is it 16?) shuffled into a random order. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shuffling#Shuffling_algorithms

Regards,
Ken