is there actually any code for that anywhere? And is there any support built into the OSX (or iPhone) Bonjour implementation to do that so you could do say (totally made up code on classes which don't exist)

        [ CFBonjour useUnicastDNSWithServer:your server here ]

or are you just saying that the protocol just relies on DNS lookups (which it does .. although it really is slanted towards broadcast) and you could if you wanted implement it like that, but you would actually have to write all the code yourself?