Can you please elaborate a bit more?

What technology option do I have when it comes to a "messaging server"?
What's involved on the iPhone's side?

Thank you in advance...

James

On 2009/8/6, at 下午 4:33, Keith Duncan wrote:

On 6 Aug 2009, at 09:27, James Lin wrote:

[...]

keeps querrying the php/mysql server for message left for it with a querry to php/mysql server inside a NSTimer (say querry once every 30 seconds).

[...]

Is this my best option given what I want to accomplish?

I'm afraid it isn't, polling a server is a pretty bad idea, on the iPhone in particular; it will drain the battery quickly. It sounds like you need some kind of messaging server, to which the clients maintain a persistent connection.

Keith