On Aug 6, 2009, at 4:03 PM, Pierce Freeman wrote:

Hi Eric:

I am using the four finger swipe gesture on a Unibody MacBook Pro and the
key.  Neither of which SetSystemUIMode overrides.

Yes, that's the problem. SetSystemUIMode doesn't prevent entering Exposé via that method. Please file a bug about that; we have the infrastructure in place finally in SnowLeopard to fix this, so we should be able to address the problem in a future release.

Maybe there is a way to just set a window to be at the edges of the screen all the time, and then
put the main window in front of that?

I don't think I understand what you're proposing. In general, I don't think there's a way to prevent Exposé from occurring in this case, without just disabling the gesture in System Prefs.

-eric