Dear List!

I am using an indetermined NSProgressIndicator as a subview of a NSView.
The frame of the NSView is animated using a NSAnimation.

Basically before (or after - i have tried both) [mynsanimation startAnimation] I do a [myprogressindicator startAnimation:self];
However, the progressindicator does not animate.

Even if the progressindicator is switched to a determined progressindicator later in the code, although the change is visible, the barberpoleanimation inside the blue part is not moving.

However - when I click on the Window or perform a random keystroke, the animation starts.
Both is consistently happening in Leopard and Tiger.

If comment out the [mynsanimation startAnimation] and instead perform a non animated move of my view [myview setframe:newlocation],
the animation of the progress indicator works as expected.

The progressindicator is set to use its own thread for animation.
I have tried all different NSAnimation blocking modes to no effect.

I would appreciate any hint on how I could make the progressindication animate even if it is part of a view that is NSAnimated.
I would also very much like to know what the underlying reason is.

Thanks and kind regards
Thomas