Hi!

Thanks for your response.
I am not quite sure if I understand you correctly but here is what I tried:

- Calling the whole code (starting the NSAnimation and the ProgressIndicator animation) using a performSelectorOnMainThread does not fix it.
- Calling the whole code using performSelector delayed does not fix it.
- Calling the NSProgressIndicator startanimation alone on the main thread does not fix it either.

However your response triggered an idea and this works:

[myViewNSAnimation startAnimation];
[myindicator performSelector:@selector(startAnimation:) withObject:nil afterDelay:1.1];

Does the trick, but only if the delay is greater than the duration of the NSAnimation. In short, if I call the selector (even on the main thread) during the NSAnimation is running, it does not work. That would make some sense - but why the same thing works without those tricks in awakefromnib does not make sense to me... Because I would think that running it in awakefromnib and running it using performSelectorOnMainThread should be somewhat identical?

While it is great that I have a workaround ... I would appreciate any explaination on why it behaves that way.
Technically this does not make sense to me.

Cheers
Thomas