On Aug 19, 2009, at 12:43 PM, Seth Willits wrote:

I've been noticing this for a little while now. For some wacky reason, the thread that tickles default buttons and progress indicators to update is somehow no long working in my app. Default buttons don't pulsate and the progress indicators don't spin. The GUI is fully responsive otherwise, but these items don't animate properly. Does anyone have any clue as to why that would happen?

I've completely stripped this project down to the absolute bare bones and it shows this bug. Simply launch the app. You'll see that the default button in the window is NOT plusating like it should be, and if you click it, you'll see that the progress indicator does NOT spin like it should.

One of the views in the hierarchy is set to have a CA layer (through setWantsLayer). If you turn that off, it works. If you move the button and progress indicator to different (certain) views, it works. (Other combinations don't work.)

Here's a project:
http://www.sethwillits.com/temp/CardiacArrest.zip

Here's a movie:
http://www.sethwillits.com/temp/CardiacArrest.mov