On Aug 19, 2009, at 5:52 PM, Steve Mykytyn wrote:

The older machine does not have /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.x.dylib, it has /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.y.dylib, which is where the alias resolves, but somehow the app does not get it right.

Note that it's a symlink, not an alias...

I have everything set up correctly as far as SDK and dev target because I can detect a weak-linked Apple framework if it's there, it's just this bit with libcrypto that seems to be the issue.

It might be a bug in the SDK. Something similar happened with libiconv, as described in this post:

http://www.cocoabuilder.com/archive/message/cocoa/2008/2/27/199994

In that case, compiling the framework with the 10.4 SDK did solve the problem, in spite of what the message says. Are any messages logged when your app crashes?