How do you get XCode to generate 32/64 bit PPC/Intel 4-way universal apps?

(I need to know both under 10.5 and under 10.6, for an app targeted to >= 10.5)

There is an item in the project menu>edit project settings, under the build tab that SHOULD do this.

It is the second item in the list, "architectures". If I choose 32/64 bit universal, it SHOULD generate a 64 bit able application. However, it does not. If I run my app under 10.6, the 10.6 Activity Monitor app tells me which apps are 64 bit, and my app does NOT show up as 64 bit.

What am I missing?

I am not an expert on XCode's build settings, by any means. I use the GUI, and don't know much about setting build flags, compiler variables, etc. I need "moron instructions". I have looked in the documentation, and can't find anything helpful.

Can somebody take pity on me and walk me through this?

Thanks in advance,

Duncan Champney
WareTo LLC.