On Aug 20, 2009, at 4:12 PM, Duncan Champney wrote:
How do you get XCode to generate 32/64 bit PPC/Intel 4-way universal apps?

(I need to know both under 10.5 and under 10.6, for an app targeted to >= 10.5)

There is an item in the project menu>edit project settings, under the build tab that SHOULD do this.

It is the second item in the list, "architectures". If I choose 32/64 bit universal, it SHOULD generate a 64 bit able application. However, it does not. If I run my app under 10.6, the 10.6 Activity Monitor app tells me which apps are 64 bit, and my app does NOT show up as 64 bit.

By default, the Debug configuration builds the "active" architecture only, and the Release configuration builds them all. (Why? Faster build times.) I'd guess you're building Debug with the active architecture set to 32-bit.

You can use Build > Set Active Architecture to switch to 64-bit for Debug, or you can turn off Build Active Architecture Only in your project settings.

--
Greg Parker     gpar...@apple.com     Runtime Wrangler