On Aug 21, 2009, at 2:55 PM, Joe Turner wrote:

Hey,

So, until now, I've been using CGEvents for simulating a keyboard. This posed a problem when I figured out CGKeyCodes must be translated based on localization/keyboard layout. And now it poses an ever bigger problem because of 'kchr' keyboards, which it seems, all API's that can access them have been deprecated.

Could you use CGEventKeyboardSetUnicodeString to just supply the input text directly, rather than translating to a CGKeyCode?

-eric