On Aug 26, 2009, at 1:30 AM, bryscomat wrote:

So if there's no way to do that, on to my next question. Is there a way to change the color the highlighted portion of text, i.e. the text is normally white, but the highlighted portion of the text will be black.

Have you tried the documentation? NSTextFieldCell is an NSCell, right?

-[NSCell highlightColorWithFrame:inView:]

One thing you could try (to still use the user's preferred color) is to invert the selection color like a film negative.

Another thing is playing with Quartz compositing types (when you - highlight:withFrame:inView: ) and maybe even a filter or two. The goal would be to modulate the color.

These would be preferable to gray, which indicates selected text in a control that does not have focus (can I edit? does copy/paste work? what's going on here?).

--
I.S.