On Aug 29, 2009, at 14:35:23, Kyle Sluder wrote:

On Aug 29, 2009, at 1:48 PM, David Sinclair <d...@dejal.com> wrote:

In a Core Data-based app that works fine in 10.5.x, I now get an exception as follows in 10.6 when opening a document. It targets 10.5, and the same exception occurs when rebuilding on 10.6 (still targeting 10.5, but also when targeting 10.6).

There is an active thread going about this exception *right now.* Did you check the list archives before posting? The answer is also in the 10.6 release notes, did you read those?

Thanks for the reply. Are you referring to the "Get error message about registered observers when Object receives dealloc message" thread? I did see that, but it didn't seem to be the same issue, as far as I could tell. Perhaps I'm mistaken, though, since I don't really know what the issue is.

I haven't had time to read the 10.6 release notes in detail yet, but did search for likely areas. Can you point me to the specific document and section?

I don't register or unregister any observers myself, and the exception occurs without touching any of my code. What's going on?

Cocoa Bindings use KVO, and you have no idea if internally Core Data (or any other code for that matter) does as well.

Yes, I understand that, I was just pointing out that I couldn't find a bug in my code, unless it's a bug of omission.

--

David Sinclair, Dejal Systems, LLC - d...@dejal.com
Dejal blog - http://www.dejal.com/blog/