Hi,

I'm using code from ViewController to swap between views in my app, which works fine. In my app one view is named IndexView.xib and that contains one tableview and one webview and an NSObject called IndexViewController.h/m

Recently, I discovered how to shift the focus from the tableview to the webview whenever you make a selection in the tableview, using makeFirstResponder.

It works fine if all objects, i.e. tableview and webview, are contained in the MainMenu.xib file, or in just one xib file, because then you can set the NSWindow outlet called mainWindow to the window object called HostWindow. However, the problem is that the various view-files (and in this case IndexView.xib) don't contain the window object since they are swapped into the CustomView of the HostWindow in the MainMenu.xib file.

The code from the IndexViewController.m to shift focus is [mainWindow makeFirstResponder: webView];

So I need to figure out how I can connect the mainWindow outlet to the HostWindow in the MainMenu.xib file from the IndexView.xib file.

Any ideas? I hope I have explained it well enough. Hope somebody can help.

Philip