On 31/08/2009, at 10:08 PM, Philip Juel Borges wrote:

The code from the IndexViewController.m to shift focus is [mainWindow makeFirstResponder: webView];

So I need to figure out how I can connect the mainWindow outlet to the HostWindow in the MainMenu.xib file from the IndexView.xib file.

Or not - you could just do:

[[webView window] makeFirstResponder:webView];

When a view is installed its -window method will return the window that hosts it. If it's not installed, it will return nil, but in that case, you wouldn't be making it the first responder...

--Graham