On Sep 4, 2009, at 12:38 PM, Quincey Morris wrote:

1) Even though, as Quincey alluded to, I would have expected the outlet "view" and self to be equivalent, they are not. It seems as if "self" to changeViewDelta is a different entity from the outlet "view".

Ah, that's a different kettle of fish. It sounds like you've created 2 view instances by mistake. Because you've got an 'initWithFrame', the implication is that you are creating the view in code ('[[MyView alloc] initWithFrame: frame]' somewhere). Because you've got a "view" outlet, the implication is that you have a custom view object in a XIB file.

Those are two different view objects. If that's what you've got, you need to choose one technique or the other.

Oh...the pains of progress!!
Well, at least I got close to realizing **what** was wrong  :-)
In order to implement my action method, I used a new NSObject ( owner "StretchView") :-(......well....you can guess the rest. I did not realize I could "control-drag" **to** the view from my pushButton to implement this.
It works perfectly now...thanks for sticking by me.
Michael.