On Sep 14, 2009, at 10:38, Jens Alfke wrote:

That's not true. NSNumber implements NSCoding, so it's perfectly capable of archiving and unarchiving itself. It already knows internally what the number's representation is.

It wasn't me talking, it was those damn typewriter-obsessed monkeys answering my emails again. ;)

Anyway, I suspect the posted code wasn't the *real* code, and we still don't know exactly what went wrong, or why the question is being asked about a NSNumber that isn't (after all) in an array.