On Sep 15, 2009, at 1:46 PM, Ben Lachman wrote:

However, I also found after checking the NYTimes app again that they're actually using Georgia for their font face, not anything custom.

I know this is doable, though, because the app Eucalyptus includes custom fonts (the Libertine family). And it's not using UIWebView for its display, so it must be registering the font itself. It may be that you have to make some ATS calls to explicitly load a font from a file?