On 16/09/2009, at 12:01 AM, Graham Cox wrote:
1. When I drag the splitter directly, it moves allowing me to position it where I want within the constrained min and max of the contained views. 2. When the window resizes I want the split to stay exactly where it is relative to the top of the window. I do not want it to move proportionally which seems to be the default. In other words the window resize affects the bottom pane only, even though the top one can be resized by the split. Whoever decided that was a sensible behaviour for the default anyway? 3. When the window is resized programatically as well as drag- resized, 2. needs to be true also.

Have a look at this excellent article by Matt Gallagher:

http://cocoawithlove.com/2009/09/nssplitview-delegate-for-priority-based.html

--
Rob Keniger