On Sep 17, 2009, at 8:27 AM, Konrad Windszus <konra...@gmx.de> wrote:

I am throwing it myself (or more exactly a c++ library I call within a get method of the model class). But I don't want to handle the exception in the model class, but rather in the controller, which can then disable some UI buttons.

This isn't safe. You will need to wrap that class in an Objective-C class that converts the exception into some other means of signifying to the controller layer that it should disable the UI.

--Kyle Sluder