in the Carbon version of the very same app, i see this:

Why do you want to do this? This is incredibly confusing. Documents don't have small titlebars.

I'm just the engineer tasked with implementing this. Just about all of the Adobe CS5 applications are going to do it this way. they all use a single mini-window to encompass the entire app, which serves as "the document", small title bar or not.

see: After Effects, Premiere, SoundBooth, Audition etc etc

you're not going to get Adobe to turn their ship around. We did it in CS4 for a few apps without issue and nobody was "confused", let alone "incredibly".

If you know how, then please tell me how i can accomplish what i need to accomplish in cocoa, as it obviously can be done (in Carbon)

Please, is there a way?  thanks and sorry for the confusion.