I'm fairly new to the Cocoa world and completely new to this mailing
list. I hope that I'm posting this question to the correct forum. If
not, I'd be grateful for a pointer to a more appropriate place to
repost this.

Before coming here, I tried to locate the answer I'm looking for on
the net. I couldn't find it, but that might just be due to the fact
that I don't know the proper way to formulate the question and thereby
construct a meaningful search. So again I beg the indulgence of all of
you if there are one or more other locations where the answer to my
question can be easily found.

I actually have two related questions. They both pertain to the Spaces
application in Snow Leopard.

Is there a way in Cocoa to programmatically query which Space the user
is currently looking at? In other words, if I have six Spaces defined
and Space 3 happens to be the one which is currently visible on my
screen, how can I make some sort of Cocoa-based query to find out that
Space 3 is the one that's currently visible?

Secondly, is there any way in any of those environments to
programmatically switch Spaces? For example, if Space 3 happens to be
visible, is there any Cocoa code I can run which will switch the
visibility to, say, Space 2?

Thanks in advance for any pointers to docs that you can provide.

--
HippoMan <apple.hippo...@gmail.com>