On Sep 22, 2009, at 3:51 PM, Keith Blount wrote:

Many thanks again for the pointers. If anyone has any further suggestions for next steps in trying to locate the cause of such a tricky slowdown issue (as I say, the slow down only appears after typing a couple of thousand words, with the app having been running a couple of hours, and is fine when it's relaunched again) for which I'm not having much luck so far with Instruments, I'd be very grateful.

Do you only see the slowdown after *typing* several thousand words, or if you paste several thousand words do you see the same issue?
--
Rick Genter
rick.gen...@gmail.com