On Sep 22, 2009, at 3:51 PM, Keith Blount wrote:

Initial tests suggest this has improved things a little, but I'm not confident it's the only cause. The way that typing would get slower and slower over time, and then speed up again once the app was quit and relaunched, means that I'm still worried there's a nasty memory bug lurking somewhere.

Slowdown doesn't necessarily mean memory leak. Use top or Activity Monitor to look at the 'RPRVT' of your app — that's the amount of non- shared memory it's allocated that's in RAM. Unless you see that ballooning to hundreds of megabytes, I don't think memory is the problem.