On Oct 1, 2009, at 13:38, Paul Bruneau wrote:

That scenario does sound very similar to mine.

I'd forgotten, in my application I simplified the user interface because of various validation difficulties (maybe including bindings issues, I don't remember), so all I've got left is a sheet with text fields bound to integer values through a transformer, with a validation method on each property that validates but doesn't reformat. Under Snow Leopard, I see the same behavior of the text field not refreshing through the value transformer at the end of editing.

In a different project, I chose to keep the underlying value as a string, and in that case the validation method *does* prettify, and that seems to work perfectly.

So, while a bug report demonstrating the observed behavior (KVO notification not triggering updating of the text field via the value transformer) might be useful to find out if it's "behaving as intended", you're probably going to have to code around it for now, such as with the mediating string property approach.