On Oct 1, 2009, at 4:38 PM, Paul Bruneau wrote:

I do have 20ish edit fields to contend with on my main window. I could set up a preference to let the user select his preferred entry method (there are just 2), but I still think I would still have the trouble with the inconsistent updating behavior between text fields and table views which is the reason for this thread. Plus it works so very very well and my users are all trained from 10 years of using the Classic and then Carbon versions of this app :)

Then, assuming Quincey is unable to produce a clean work-around, might I suggest an ugly kludge? :-)

Perhaps your text field could inform a delegate that it has changed (using "continuously updates"). The delegate could then force just that field to re-format itself.

That *might* work and might save you writing separate -validate... methods.

--
I.S.