On 1 Oct 2009, at 22:09, Jens Alfke wrote:

On Sep 30, 2009, at 1:32 PM, jonat...@mugginsoft.com wrote:

I intend to send off my bit of data, hang around ( <= 30 secs) to get notification and then close everything.

Why do you need to wait at all?

—Jens

Sorry the slow response.
My app uses bonjour and queued requests and so I thought I needed to allow some time for address resolution etc to complete. If I get notification that the data has been sent then I am 100% certain that sleep is goer.

Turns out that the whole process was in vain.
Seems that by the time I get the IOKit sleep notification my Bonjour service has already disconnected so my packets end up going nowhere anyway.

Not sure if I can do much about that. Any ideas?

Jonathan Mitchell

Developer
http://www.mugginsoft.com