On Oct 2, 2009, at 2:50 AM, jonat...@mugginsoft.com wrote:

Seems that by the time I get the IOKit sleep notification my Bonjour service has already disconnected so my packets end up going nowhere anyway.

How exactly is your Bonjour service implemented? Bonjour itself only does service discovery, not communication, so you must be using some other API to open and manage the sockets. I don't believe any of the system APIs take care of closing sockets on sleep, but maybe you're using a 3rd party library that does.