I believe -[UIScreen applicationFrame] returns different values for phone and simulator in OS 3.0. From your screenshots I have no idea if that's your problem though. Did you layout your view in IB or did you do that programmatically?

Best to set a breakpoint where you position your content, or at least in -viewDidLoad and find out where exactly the difference is.

Good luck,
Hank