On Oct 6, 2009, at 1:29 AM, Jens Alfke wrote:

On Oct 5, 2009, at 3:12 PM, Iceberg-Dev wrote:

Is it the intended behavior that resizing an Alert Sheet in Mac OS X 10.5.8 on a MacBook Pro produces a lot of blinking? I have a custom alert sheet that can be resized and when I resize it on a MacBook Pro (either 9400 or 9600 GPU), the resize operation produces flicking.

No, it should be smooth.
Is the entire sheet window appearing and disappearing, or just the contents?

The contents. It's a bit as if there was a patchwork of rectangles and a random set of these rectangles would not be redrawn when the window size increases by 1 pixel and then another set for the following pixel.

I used Quartz Debug to check that there was not too much refresh and it looks fine.

I tried both with a 64 bit executable and a 32 bit executable.

Finally, I tried running the same code on Snow Leopard on the same MacBook and it's working correctly there. So definitely an issue with Leopard.

Is anything being logged to the console while resizing, like error/ exception messages?

Nope.