On 9 Oct 2009, at 10:55, Zephyroth Akash wrote:

Hi,

I'm facing a weird issue.

I get the Info.plist of the app like this.
NSMutableDictionary *infoPlist = [[NSBundle mainbundle] infoDictionary];

Warning lights should be going off here. -infoDictionary is defined as returning an NSDictionary so there is no guarantee it will be mutable. At the very least do:

NSMutableDictionary *infoPlist = [[[NSBundle mainBundle] infoDictionary] mutableCopy];

But considering the documentation of -infoDictionary, I'd say this isn't a particularly good idea anyhow. As the docs say:

"The NSBundle class may add extra keys to this dictionary for its own use."

Instead, I think you're better off loading the plist manually yourself.

After the update of some resources I want to write the new version of these resources in the Info.plist.

No problem.

But when the app execute : [infoPlist writeToFile:pathToInfoPlistOfTheApp atomically:YES];

Nothing happens even if I change the path to my desktop, the dictionary is not written.

Are there some limitations ?
Can I write the Info.plist while the application is running ?

Zephyroth

This email sent to cocoa...@mikeabdullah.net