On Oct 13, 2009, at 2:54 PM, Jens Alfke wrote:

The docs say it returns nil if the file doesn't exist, and he's getting an empty array. That was his question.
You must have misread his code — he's using NSHomeDirectory() as a prefix.

My apologies, you're absolutely right. I read that on the iPhone in Google's mobile gmail reader ... while walking. :-)

  Sorry for the noise.

A PLIST can have an array root or a dictionary root. Are you sure your PLIST has an array root? I would still expect nil (ie, it can't create an array from a dictionary-rooted PLIST), but it's worth checking.

--
I.S.