On 2009-10-13, at 13:27 , I. Savant wrote:
So that's exactly how the code appears?

Yes. But of course I have to look in the directory before the code runs. So the file must be created somewhere before processing gets to this point.

I created a test application with just this code in it, and couldn't reproduce the result either: nil was returned, just as the docs say it should be.

So my self-esteem takes another hit; but that's better than losing faith in scripture.

dkj