Rick,

which StoreType are you using? If it is XML it could be worth looking into the
raw xml. Otherwise more information on the model and any special methods (if
any) could be useful. Any changes to the standard CoreData template provided by
Xcode?

Is the file readable at all from finder using a hex editor or any command line
call that accesses the file content? Just to make sure it is not a problem at
another level.

The stack trace does - at least for me - not reveal anything CoreData related
that could be used as a starting point to dig into the problem more deeply.

Volker