On Oct 14, 2009, at 12:21 PM, Rick Mann wrote:

In the simplest case, I don't create any entities. I don't override any of NSPersistentDocument's persistence-related methods. I just save the new untitled document, then try to re-open it.

You can override the methods declared in NSPersistentDocument.h particularly configurePersistentStoreCoordinatorForURL and readFromURL, and just call super. But look at the BOOL result and if NO, the NSError.

You can also grab the error in the debugger as others have suggested.

- Ben