On 15 Oct 2009, at 13:34, Ben Haller wrote:
Hi all. I need a good Obj-C framework for sending email. I used to use the Message.framework associated with Apple's Mail, but they killed that a long time ago, sadly. Then I used Pantomime; but it seems to also be abandoned, now, and it is crashing on 10.5 (and it was never terribly reliable anyway). Does anybody know of a good replacement? I haven't had any luck trying to find one using Google.

Keep in mind that many users may not have any SMTP server configured -- an increasing number of users use webmail for everything, and don't have a desktop client set up. And, in many of these cases, they may be behind a firewall or ISP that blocks connections to port 25 (SMTP) on all servers other than their own. If you need to reliably deliver email from a user's machine, you'll probably need to set up a gateway of some sort yourself, or have them input SMTP settings manually.