I'm about to unleash a Core Data-based application, and I'm sure the schema will change in later versions. The Core Data Model Versioning and Data Migration Programming Guide seems to say that migrating a store from one version to another, at least in simple cases, is magical: The application embeds the historical MOMs, with one of them marked "current," and when a store built to an earlier model is opened, it is (in SIMPLE cases) migrated to the current model.

Is this the case?

In that event, is it necessary to do anything at all (other, perhaps, than attaching a version string for human consumption) in version 1 to prepare for migration?

        — F