Heya,

I'd like to get hold of the top level objects returned by -[NSBundle
loadNibNamed:owner:options:] when UIViewController loads my view.
Sadly UIViewController doesn't seem to provide any way of accessing
these, so I thought I might be able to just load the nib myself :

-(void)loadView {
        NSArray* topLevelObjects = [self.nibBundle loadNibNamed:self.nibName
owner:self options:nil];
        // do stuff with topLevelObjects...
}

which appeared to work pretty well, until I tried using it in a
UITableViewController subclass that's pushed onto a navigation
controller, where the view just turns out blank.  Stepping into
-[UIViewController loadView] in gdb suggests that it's doing a whole
lot more than just -loadNibNamed:

I could call [super loadView], but that means I end up loading the nib
twice, and re-assigning all the IBOutlets twice, which is pretty ugly.
 Any alternative suggestions?