On Nov 20, 2009, at 3:59 PM, Chris Idou <idou...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Well... now that in 10.6 the pasteboard types are UTI types, I'm not sure that one can say anymore that there is no mapping from files to pasteboard types. And 10.6 Finder puts a public.tiff into the pasteboard in this case, but I would argue it is the wrong tiff.

Icons in the Finder are just that: icons. It is not the Finder's job to do the open-the-file work of the drop target.

--Kyle Sluder