On Nov 25, 2009, at 7:27 AM, Paul Bruneau wrote:

> I think I recognize, and I am pretty sure I have read that Sketch does things
> Wrong. I see that the shape objects keep their own bounds (and frame?)
> information. It seems clear to me that this is Wrong. What does Sketch do if
> it ever can have two views of the same objects?

The bounding box is an intrinsic property of a geometric object, independent of
how it's viewed.

Unless you're talking about something like a bounding box transformed into view
coordinates; I'm not familiar with the Sketch code. That would definitely be
part of the view, not the model. That sort of design is often done by having a
parallel per-view model that's been transformed for use in the view, and code
that keeps the per-view model synced with changes to the master. Core Animation
uses this sort of design.