Hi All,

I ran into a issue where polymorphic relationship is not maintained by the automatically-generated Core Data mapping model.

For example, if I have a relationship called "shape" that refers to the Shape abstract entity, with concrete classes Triangle, Square, etc. In the mapping model, there's no sensible setting for the Mapping Name field of "shape". If I set the Mapping Name to TriangleToTriangle, then Square relationships will not be set. And if I set the Mapping Name to "Shape", than the relationship would not be set at all because there are no concrete instances of Shape.

Is this a oversight in the design of Core Data, or am I using it incorrectly?

Thanks,
Yi