On 7 Dec 2009, at 12:54, Nick Zitzmann wrote:

> On Dec 6, 2009, at 9:38 PM, Gerriet M. Denkmann wrote:
>
>> What magic incantations do I have to perform to make my service appear under
>> it's appropiate heading ?
>
> You need to set the undocumented key "NSServiceCategory" in the
> NSRequiredContext dictionary if the Keyboard preference pane misinterprets
> your service's function. See
> <http://github.com/nickzman/symboliclinker/blob/master/SymbolicLinkerService-Info.plist>
>  for an example of how I did this in SymbolicLinker; I seem to recall that
> the preference pane threw the service into the "Other" category until I added
> that key-value...

Following your example I added an NSRequiredContext  with NSServiceCategory =
public.item and now my service appears under  "Files and Folders". Which proves:
1. NSRequiredContext has some effect and:
2. public.item  ist NOT the right thing so use. But what is?
"string.to.look.up.in.some.dictionary" sounds not quite right.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Gerriet.