Hello,

I'm new in cocoa, and I want to accomplish something in a program i'm
developing.

I have an array of floats, that is basically a matrix, and I want to display it
on a view as a 2D grayscale image, with each pixel in a gray tone proportional
the value of that float.

So far I have subclassed NSView in preparation for the render of the image.
Then I searched through the cocoa documentation, and I think the primitive to
draw that I need is NSImage. The problem is that NSImage deals basically with
existing files, and I didn't find any class that deals with drawing individual
pixels or anything like that on the view.

Can anyone please give me any hint on what would be the best approach to this
problem? or may be point me some relevant documentation I might read? I know
nothing about bitmap image representation, so any pointer on that would
appreciated too.

Thanks,
Martin.