Thanks for the reply, I'm a newbie and I'm still trying to figure out how are
things done in Cocoa.

I have another related question I'd like to ask you guys, cause I've searched
through documentation and tutorials but I cannot find the exact answer.

I'm trying to implement Model-Controller-View in my code. So, so far I created
a class called FilterBank with all the data to be plotted plus a method to init
from a file. Then I included one instance of the class FilterBank in the
myDocument class. When I open a file, myDocument will read and load all the
data to the class calling the initFromFile: method of FilterBank, that works
ok.

Then I can subclass NSView to hold and plot the image using NSImageRep, etc.

My problem is with the controller. I subclassed NSViewController
(FilterBankViewController) and tried to bind the class with the owner of the
file. But I noticed that in IB I cannot do that, actually the bind tab says
it's "Not Applicable".

I don't understand why though, b/c I learned in a tutorial that loads data from
a file and puts that into a table, that you need an NSArrayController to
mediate between the table and the file owner.  What kind of controller should I
use here?

Thanks.

On Dec 18, 2009, at 7:04 PM, Scott Ribe wrote:

> A couple more things I've thought of:
>
> - There is such a thing as a grayscale image that uses floats instead of
> bytes for values. You may not even need to do a conversion.
>
> - You may even be able to wrap your buffer up in an image rep without
> copying it.

Thanks for the info, this is so very interesting for me, but as you said I'm
still trying to accomplish much more basic stuff here.