> So the problem I was having with my googling was that I was trying alert,
> popup and dialog - not sheet ;o)

Yep. Just a heads up for future reference (not related to your current
question), as you continue on your newbie path, you may find that certain
methods dealing with modal windows that you'd look for in NSWindow or
NSWindowController are actually in NSApplication.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_r...@killerbytes.com