On Dec 22, 2009, at 12:58 PM, Matt Neuburg wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 09:56:33 +1100, Graham Cox <graham....@bigpond.com>
> said:
>> Regarding the use of different completion methods based on manipulating some
> common root name, I think that's a bit strange, misguided even.
>
> But when the kind of situation that calls for it arises, it might seem very
> natural and elegant. I'm just suggesting that we not condemn an architecture
> out of hand merely because we've no experience of it. m.

And isn't even that uncommon - consider all the various kvc methods based on
common name (as an example of manipulating a common root name for multiple
purposes).

And I've written menu validation code that manipulates the selector to figure
out the name of the method to actually handle the validation (which is more of
the "completion method" style thing - dynamically figure out what to call based
on the SEL passed in)...

Glenn Andreas                      gandr...@gandreas.com
 <http://www.gandreas.com/> wicked fun!
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to Know