Hello, Gentlemen,

I’m working on a Cocoa application that is intended to open documents in
custom format. It is a document-based application and it should open files
with aeep/aeew extensions. The problem is that on some Mac computers after
installation aeep/aeew files do not open when the user double-clicks them.
My thought was that the aeep/aeew file extensions are not registered for
some reason during the installation. I even tried adding 'lsregister' call
to the postflight script but with no luck – the files still do not open.
Unfortunately, I do not have much information about configurations of these
macs as this behavior is reported by end users. Does anyone know what can be
the reason for such behavior? Am I missing something? Some additional
information below:

1. The application is installed to the folder /Library/Application
Support/AnimalsandEarth/A&E Photo.app
2. Info.plist file contains the following dictionary:
<key>CFBundleDocumentTypes</key>
    <array>
        <dict>
            <key>CFBundleTypeExtensions</key>
            <array>
                <string>aeep</string>
                <string>aeew</string>
                <string>jpg</string>
                <string>jpeg</string>
                <string>png</string>
                <string>gif</string>
                <string>bmp</string>
            </array>
            <key>CFBundleTypeIconFile</key>
            <string></string>
            <key>CFBundleTypeName</key>
            <string>AnimalsAndEarthPhoto</string>
            <key>CFBundleTypeOSTypes</key>
            <array>
                <string>????</string>
            </array>
            <key>CFBundleTypeRole</key>
            <string>Viewer</string>
            <key>NSDocumentClass</key>
            <string>MyDocument</string>
        </dict>
    </array>
3. The URL to the installer:
http://www.animalsandearth.com/macapp/animalsandearth.dmg
4. Some aeep files can be found in the ~/Pictures/AnimalsandEarth Photos/
folder

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
AE