On Jan 5, 2010, at 1:23 PM, Quincey Morris wrote:

> Firstly, you can't *in general* normalize to a specific time, because you
> can't in general know that the time exists on every date.

Unless you use a specific time zone, and store that time zone information
elsewhere in the model. And if you use GMT, as I mentioned earlier, unless some
cosmic event happens that disturbs the flow of time, there is no such thing as
a GMT time that does not exist, since GMT ignores transforms like daylight
savings.

You're right about NSDateComponents, though.

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>