On 1/12/10 3:04 PM, Sherm Pendley said:

>Additionally, I'd recommend making theContextInfo into an instance
>variable, rather than passing it through the contextInfo. You can then
>write (or @synthesize) an accessor method that encapsulates all of the
>relevant memory management into one place, which is *far* less
>error-prone than scattering -retain and -release calls all over the
>place.

Additionally, with GC, one must be very careful passing Obj-C objects
through void* pointers. See "Managing Opaque Pointers" here:

<http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/cocoa/conceptual/
GarbageCollection/Articles/gcUsing.html>

If you can require 10.6, I believe the new block APIs make the memory
management simpler (haven't tried myself).